Lymphodema refers to the swelling in an arm or leg caused by lymphatic system blockages. The blockages prevent lymph fluid from draining well and the fluid build-up leads to swelling.
Signs and symptoms:
- Swelling of part or all of your arms or legs including fingers or toes
Feelingof heaviness or tightness
- Restricted range of motion of the affected limb
- Aching and discomfort in the affected limb
- Hardening and thickening of the skin
Massage can help reduce the swelling in the area. Manual lymphatic drainage technique is used to move fluids into working lymph nodes where they can drain.
If you notice persistent swelling in your arms or legs please consult your GP.
Mary Ann Caca
Remedial Massage Therapist
Mary has a strong interest in providing Remedial Massage Therapy to assist with the rehabilitation of her clients.
- Trigger point therapy
- Deep tissue massage
- Tension headaches/ migraines
(08) 9274 1482
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 7am - 7pm
Saturday 8:30am - 12:30pm
Sunday 9am - 12pm